Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Civil War Week

Civil War Week

(Okay, so I'm starting midweek. Shoot me. Anyway this is my first real blog entry so be gentle shooting me. Please)

Right, everyone's doing it so let's talk about Marvel's Civil War.

Now first thing to note - I haven't read, and am not currently reading, Civil War. So what I have to say is based purely on on-line reviews and comments, which is somewhat unfair. But there ya go. Nowadays I only read/buy trade paperbacks because they're cheaper (especially if they are from the local library!).

Anyway, I'm going to talk about some of the "problems" that I perceive with Civil War. I know, I know - more Civil War bashing. But I'm not going to be talking about whether heroes are acting in character, whether Iron Man is being a dick or whether Captain America really should be following the democratically established law. No, I'll be looking at more general things.

Also, it's not really Civil War bashing. It sounds like an entertaining series and, let's face it, around 300,000 copies are consistently sold each month so it can't be total rubbish.

So, on with the show...

No comments: