Saturday, February 05, 2011

Avengers Movie



Large crossover events, where characters from a number of different comicbooks come together to fight some great evil, may be somewhat overused in comics nowadays but back when I was a teenager this idea was awesome. Skip forward a (ahem) few years and I remember being incredibly excited when Marvel announced they were going to do the same thing with movies. They were going to crossover a number of superhero films they were producing at the time and create the Avengers!

Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Captain America would join Nick Fury, Black Widow and Hawkeye (and, ya never know, perhaps even the Wasp) together on screen to form one of my favourite ever comicbook superteams (I even have the t-shirt!). At the time, I was skeptical thinking it was all media buzz and would probably never come to fruition. However, it looks like things are going ahead and the film should arrive next year.

And, of course, as a couple of stepping stones to that event, I'm looking forward to the movie versions of Thor and Captain America; the first trailer for the latter is due to be shown tomorrow during the Superbowl.



No comments: