Friday, February 20, 2009

Being Human: episode 4

There's not a lot more I can say about this show that I haven't already said. Another good episode, well written and competently acted. It's still one of the best British shows on at the moment and certainly makes Sunday evenings more interesting.

One thing that I have noticed about this show is that, although the first two-thirds of each episode are good, it’s the last 15 or 20 minutes that seems to shine. Maybe it’s just me, but it all seems to come together in that last third.

This week Mitchell was accused of being a "peedo" after becoming friends with a boy, George gets closer to Nina but then pushes her away, afraid of his monstrous nature and Annie gets all poltergeisty after she found out that her fiance killed her.

I found it interesting how Fleur, the mother of the boy that Mitchell befriends, considers Mitchell more of a monster when she thinks he’s a paedophile than when he tells her he’s a vampire. In fact, she even agrees for Mitchell to turn her son into a blood-sucking, human-killing creature of the night!

And at the end we see Mitchell head back to Herrick and seemingly back to his killing ways. Eek! What will happen? I guess I'll have to wait until this Sunday to find out.

Grade: Very Fine.

No comments: